Il Lee is being featured in a wonderful exhibit at the Aldrich called Ballpoint. A large canvas of his work hangs immediately to your left as you walk in the exhibition space and it is essential to setting the tone of the show. Phenomenal curating.
Links to Love:
- View: How English Sounds to Non-English Speakers
- Wear: I’ve been hankering for a maxi skirt (especially as the summer months get hotter and my belly gets bigger), and this one is not only pretty and sheer and all things I like in a skirt, but only $36!
- Read: Hilary Mantel has won so many of the “Best of…” Awards, that I can’t really figure out why I haven’t yet cracked open one of her books. I’ll be bringing Wolf Hall with me next week on my family vacation to Vermont. This interview with the New York Times made me want to grab tea and talk literature with Hilary.
- Drink: Unf. This Grilled Peach Whiskey Sour is everything I love about summer.
- Find: A phenomenal tag sale to while away your Saturday morning! F and I did this last weekend and we had a blast! For East Coasters, the Stormville and Brimfield markets will be opening next weekend!
Also, as everyone knows, Google Reader is shutting down! I’m a Reader addict, so it’s been tough to find an adequate replacement sans bugs. I’ve been using The Old Reader, which operates almost identically to Google Reader, but the downside is there’s no mobile app and it can get a little buggy when you use the shortcut buttons. Feedly is another great replacement, but for some reason it seems to need to update itself almost every hour, thereby crashing the app on my Google Chrome. Then there’s Bloglovin’, which is where I may eventually go. The good part about bloglovin’ is the interface and usability, the “negative” part is that to read a full article, you need to click and be directed to the blog. Now, I know this is a good thing because it gives the blogs traffic (unlike other reader apps)… but I am admittedly lazy and like to have everything in one space. Let me know if you’ve found an even better Reader replacement! I’m willing to try them all!
Have a great weekend!